Thursday, July 31, 2008, posted by Q6 at 8:42 PM
My son got his learner's permit today. I got him signed up with a local driving school. His trip up north to visit his mom screws up the order a little, but he has so far completed the four classroom sessions, a one-hour permit validation lesson, and a few hours in a parking lot with me (more to get him accustomed to a stick-shift). He still has a two-day, behind-the-wheel skills seminar to complete; the school likes to do that before the permit test, but it's not required.

He took the 46 question test at the DMV today, and missed only three. Given the practice tests he's been taking, he scored best on the actual test. (Why can't he do this at school? I think to myself.) By the way, if any of you with kids have this event coming up, make an appointment at the DMV; the non-appointment line went around the building, but we walked right up to the counter.

So now I get to do the whole get-him-insured, teach-him-to-drive, get-my-car-repaired-every-so-often, worry-my-head-off thing. And somewhere, off in the distance, I can hear my mother.

Laughing. Her. Ass. Off.




P.S.: I left my computer for a few minutes while blogging. I came back and found this typed on my screen:

thank you for helping me with all of my driving stuff
--your son
Which is kinda cool.
 
1 Comments:


At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

so i have a little bit of a braking problem........at least i havent hit anything yet *wink wink*