Wednesday, July 30, 2008, posted by Q6 at 8:40 PM
No, I didn't go to the festival in San Diego. Instead, I am one of those who follow it online. Not the same as being there, but there's still a lot of great stuff to be seen.

Two things I thought were especially cool:

1) They're going to do a sequel to "TRON," one of the best movies of my childhood AND a milestone in sci-fi films. Disney sprung a trailer on the crowd--complete with Jeff Bridges, who seems connected to the project--and it looks great. It's been up and down on the Internet (copyright and all that), but THIS SITE seems to find it wherever it pops up. (If you see a version with audience reaction, you get some idea of my own.)

2) I'm equally excited to see that "WATCHMEN" has a trailer, and I was even more jazzed to see the LOBBY POSTERS for this one. The graphic novel was a landmark in the comic book genre, and many were worried that it couldn't be made into a good film. All indicators, however, suggest otherwise.

Like so many others, I patiently wait for these things to become reality. (Or whatever passes for reality amongst us geeks.)