Thursday, July 26, 2007, posted by Q6 at 12:31 AM
My daughter has been here for almost two weeks, and I'm starting to worry that I might not be keeping her in proper vacation activities. She's usually fine with her own "personal time" when she's here (since she has no six-year-old sister to babysit), but I feel like I'm ignoring her sometimes in order to do things I want to do. Those who know me would (a) congratulate me for thinking about myself, and (b) be not the least bit surprised that I'm giving myself a hard time about it. Since she's arrived we've gone to the movies (which we'll do again), gone swimming every day, gone out to eat--a lot, and seen family (which we'll do again). We're going to the Orange County Fair, we're planning on going kite flying at some point, and maybe go take some pictures somewhere. I know, I know--I'm doing fine. It never feels like it, though, and I still wonder why that is.

* Yes, it's a "Love Boat" reference. I liked "Love Boat." Shut up.