Friday, July 20, 2007, posted by Q6 at 12:00 AM
After only one week of my daughter's presence here, I feel incredibly old. First, she's thirteen (but acts about twenty-two sometimes). I can remember when she was a shrieking little girl with a pacifier, and now she's reading books and writing book reports and touring colleges and stuff. Second, she's got this new two-piece bathing suit that . . . that . . . . *Sigh*. It's just small. Third, we're swimming together daily. It's become a routine for us, a good one, and we get to talk about all sorts of things. The exercise, however, is reminding me just how out of shape I am. The first day I could go almost two hours, swimming, lounging in the water, and playing around. By day five, I'm good for an hour, and I'm feeling it--particularly in the upper body. Yesterday I was losing it after 45 minutes, and I decided to work on my legs; today, they're absolutely killing me. I've either gotta pace myself or do this a whole lot more.

And no, I haven't been on my bike yet at all.
 
1 Comments:


At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Then get on that bike dude? Bikes are good? especially for people who eat a lot of clonebread. :)