Monday, June 25, 2007, posted by Q6 at 9:45 PM
The summertime is, for many, family time. I've tried to maximize my time with my son during the school year because I know that he spends time during the summer at his mother's house. This year he's staying there a bit longer than usual, but the trade off, of course, if that I get to spend some quality one-on-one time with my daughter. I get her for three weeks. She and I keep in contact while she lives with her mom, but we don't really connect or bond. I always enjoy the way we get along when we're together; she's very honest and incredibly mature for her age. It's gonna be good.

On the other hand, I don't get a lot of time this summer with my son. I get him the whole year, though, and we've talked about snowboarding this winter. So all is well.