Tuesday, April 10, 2007, posted by Q6 at 12:09 AM
For me, it's Spring Break. In the past, that would mean I would take a week off from students and use roughly half that to catch up on paperwork and whatnot in the office. It would be quiet, monstrously so, and I could get work done in peace. Having no earthly interest in going in to the office at all this week (my job has been quite unfulfilling of late), I found myself at home today, alone (my son is visiting his grandparents this week and my girlfriend is visiting her parents), with a small list of large projects I really had no intention of starting today (though I completed two of the smaller ones). I woke up, did some laundry, read, slept, cleaned two rooms, read more, slept more, finished the laundry, went to the video store, made dinner, watched one of the videos, blogged, and went to bed. It felt . . . weird. I'm not used to being completely alone all day, and I'm even less accustomed to being unproductive. I'll get to more of the lists this week (I already have tomorrow mapped out, which will help), and eventually I'll have to go into the office to prepare for an ACT test on Saturday. I did bring home a box of stuff from the office that I'll have to do at some point.

The box, as of yet, is untouched.