Wednesday, March 07, 2007, posted by Q6 at 9:47 PM
Got my taxes done, did them all by myself, didn't cheat once, and got them in last week. The refunds are already rolling in. A lot of people I know (my mother, my girlfriend, people at work) have "tax people" that they use. Me, I'm a Turbo Tax guy. I don't know if it's because I like using that kind of software, or if it's because I have this whole homemade spreadsheet on which I keep my books, or if it's simply because I'm a control freak who doesn't trust anyone else to do it right. I just do my own taxes. Not that I understand tax law or accounting AT ALL; I'm probably not getting back all that I could. I'm not in this to screw over the government or get more than my fair share.

Maybe it's because I don't like being that guy [anymore] on the news who's cruising by the post office at about 11:15pm on April 15th . . . .