Friday, March 02, 2007, posted by Q6 at 6:00 PM

Hmmm.

So my 2000 Hyundai is now on its own. My driving habits being what they are, I've managed to burn up the 100,000 mile portion of my warranty in seven years instead of their presumed ten. I do most of the maintenance myself--oil, filters, fluids, tune-ups, brake pads (and I've done electrical, transmission, and alternator work on other cars I've had) and I've only had to use the warranty on this car once. It's a good little car. I have no idea how much longer it will last; the gas milage seems to be declining lately, but I haven't done much freeway driving in it recently and that may be messing with my calculations. I also have no idea how I'd obtain a new one if I had to. I don't have the money to buy, I don't [think I] have the credit to finance one, and I don't know enough about car leases to determine if it is or isn't a waste of money.

Of course, there's always my bike . . .