Sunday, March 04, 2007, posted by Q6 at 5:27 PM
This is the new addition to our family. He's a striped snow corn snake, and he's about a foot and a half long. (This is my son's second pet snake; the first one, much younger, died of unknown causes.) I don't know that he's fully used to being handled--my son could do that more often and accelerate The General's acclimation--but he sure knows how to handle a mouse. We've actually watched as he stalks the thing, then he pounces on it with lightning speed. We also found a ceramic heating coil that screws into the light fixture, so there's no more irritating red light all night long. Named unwittingly by my girlfriend ("General Cornwallis"--he's a corn snake), he seems to be happy in his new home. He burrows in his shavings quite a bit--I'm not sure what that means yet--and we hope to have him around a good long time.