Tuesday, March 27, 2007, posted by Q6 at 6:35 PM
Last weekend, I was re-introduced to a most potent drug: relaxation. I'm not talking about the I'm-gonna-sit-and-watch-the-game-on-TV kind of relaxation; I'm talking about miles-from-civilization, mind-numbing-quiet, surrounded-by-friends relaxation.

Thanks to the kindness of a friend at work, I got to spend the weekend in Big Bear. It's a nice little cabin in a very peaceful area, less than 20 minutes from the snow. I didn't go snowboarding (though I was tempted), as I figured most people would be boarding on a slurpee by noon. I'll have to go next season.

Honestly, it was just good to get away for the weekend with people I enjoy spending time with (my girlfriend being first, second, third, and fourth on the list). I was able to relax. I didn't access e-mail. I didn't bring ANY work to do.

It was nice. I could get used to it.