Sunday, July 09, 2006, posted by Q6 at 6:13 PM
My yard looks like crap. (I'd include pictures, but everyone knows what a crappy yard looks like, and I'm no fan of overkill.) I've got massive plans for it, and I'm taking the slow route (read "cheap"). Instead of renting a dumpster for all the stuff that needs to go (massive weeds, piles of dirt, more weeds, chopped up concrete, bricks, and a little bit more dirt), I'm filling the "greens" can once a week. I should have it done in time to host my son's high school graduation party . . . four years from now.

I have plans for pavestone patios, large trees, and artificial turf. Pavers aren't cheap, however, when you get into my kind of square footage; synthetic grass costs about $10 a square foot, which sounds rather inexpensive until you actually measure my yard: the front yard will run me $3000, and the back yard ia little bigger than that. Maybe I should be planning a college grad party.

The house is several states of remodel as well. My entire dwelling screams "work in progress," and has for about six years. I've had two wives tell me that I always start things and never finish them. The more I try to explain that I haven't finished them YET, the more they divorce me.

Fortunately, I now have a girlfriend who understands the concept of progress, no matter how slow it may occur. With luck, I'll have this place done in time to sell it when she marries me.
 
2 Comments:


At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Gno gnomes!

 

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Ms Characterized

You know, she could actually help with those things. You don't have to marry her before she officially signs on as 'helpmeet'.

Pretty bold declaration there at the end there -- ballsy, even. I like it.