Wednesday, May 03, 2006, posted by Q6 at 9:51 PM
I have a birthday coming up soon. Unlike birthdays of the past, no one has asked me what I want (especially my son, who apparently has this all worked out without my input). Ironically, this is the first year in the last several in which I have actually composed a list. Most of it consists of gift certificates to specific stores, mainly because I have plans for home improvement projects, furniture acquisition, iPod enhancements, and clothing needs. Some of it is books by authors I've come to enjoy. I'm not complaining, to be honest; I've never made a big deal of my birthday, and don't particularly like being the center of attention for an occasion with which I had very little to do (my mom deserves all the real credit--all I did that day was show up and scream a lot). On that day, my girlfriend is taking me to L.A. to see Stomp. I'm looking forward to it.
 
1 Comments:


At 7:40 AM, Blogger Ms Characterized

Um, should the girlfriend have asked you about the show? I'm getting the feeling like she should have, now.

Give your family your wish list. It doesn't have to be for your birthday -- just something to keep on hand. Ask for theirs, too. That way you always have options.

Sorry. I'm in 'problem solve' mode...and I don't even know if it's a problem.