Monday, March 20, 2006, posted by Q6 at 10:22 PM
I have never, to my knowledge, eaten a microwaved baked potato. Growing up, my baked potatoes have always been baked, for roughly an hour, in an oven. These are the only baked potatoes I have ever eaten, and I have difficulty wrapping my head around the idea that someone can achieve in eight minutes what has taken, over the course of my lifetime, an hour.

That being said, my girlfriend microwaved a potato this weekend in my very own microwave, and achieved the same result with which I am accustomed. I love her dearly, but I still prefer my baked potatoes to be oven-baked. That’s all I’m saying.
 
2 Comments:


At 6:23 AM, Blogger Ms Characterized

I have no idea why the phrase "I love her dearly" is wedded to the oven-baked potato phrase. Surely the two aren't mutually exclusive? Sheesh! Bake your potato already! She'll take the dog for a walk while you wait.

 

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Interesting that you would still take the time out of your very busy day to put some stupid potatoes in the oven. Why would you write an entire blog on such a small detail. And I prefer to stick the potatoes in the microwave because at dinner time,I am normally hungry and patience is not in my vocabulary.