Thursday, February 16, 2006, posted by Q6 at 10:22 PM
Twice a month I'm at the airport, picking up or dropping off my kids as they travel back and forth to their mother's place in Nevada. I know the airport like the back of my hand. I've memorized flight numbers; I know ticket agents by name; I've turned security screening into a streamlined science; I could inventory the gift shop for you right here and now.

Here's the problem: I never go anywhere. I'm always the courier, never the passenger. Of course, my travel ability has a lot to do with how much time and money I have in surplus, and the fact that I never travel certainly says a lot about my schedule and finances. My girlfriend is headed to New York and Washington DC with a large group of 8th graders from our school. There were half-joking comments made about my going on the trip--but finances and scheduling are still issues, ultimately. I really would like to see Washington DC, and people tell me I would enjoy New York (although given what I've seen in media and such, I don't see why). I figure that when my time to travel has come I will be blessed with the finances, scheduling, and destination--all the cosmic tumblers will fall into line, and I'll be going places.