Wednesday, November 09, 2005, posted by Q6 at 11:58 PM
Aside from my regular nine-to-five, bill-paying job, I work certain weekends giving SAT tests and other college entrance exams. The money's not bad, but the month of October is brutal: in the last six weeks, I've had one weekend off. This weekend will be the first real weekend I've had since the middle of September--I don't have any more tests until December. My son will also be out of town for this three-day, holiday weekend. I'm busting my ass to make sure I don't have any work to bring home (I could invent some or get ahead of things, but I'm going to stop at "all caught up"). Then I'm going to have a weekend like normal people do. My girlfriend and I will sleep in, eat out, go to the Farmers' Market, maybe the movies, maybe something else--the point is that I am going to have a relaxing, unscripted, rejuvenating weekend. What could be better than an open weekend with my steady girl?
 
1 Comments:


At 1:17 PM, Blogger Ms Characterized

So, have you learned this concept, or do you need some more training? Mmm...inservice.