Wednesday, November 09, 2005, posted by Q6 at 11:43 PM
In the next few days I will get a phone call from a rather hip optometrist who will inform me that my new reading glasses are ready. I look forward to this phone call for three reasons: the eyestrain headaches from which I currently suffer will cease, I was once told that my brother's glasses looked better on me than they did on him, and I will once again be able to read for long periods of time. I'm especially looking forward to the last one, as I have temporarily put off reading until I can do it pain-free. I'm right in the middle of a good book, too, recommended to me by my girlfriend (American Gods by Neil Gaiman). She's hoping I'll get hooked on one of her favorite authors. All I'm hoping for right now is to getting back to it as soon as possible.

As for joining the ranks of the spectacled, I'm not bothered. My father wore glasses, and my mom wore Coke bottles, and for me it was just a matter of time. Those that know me well, however, will be starting a pool on how long it takes me to lose them. In retrospect, I should've purchased two pairs.