Saturday, February 25, 2006, posted by Q6 at 1:46 PM
My girlfriend told me about this author I've come to enjoy--Christopher Moore. Actually, I purchased The Stupidest Angel on my own, then she told me about several of his other books. My favorite to date, of course, is Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. I'm going to force my brother (the pastor) to read it, if it comes to that; if it sounds irreverent to you, what you must understand is that Moore earns the right to be a little irreverent by demonstrating such a detailed knowledge of his chosen subject matter. It's truly one of the funniest books I've read. I just finished The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove, which, like The Stupidest Angel, takes place in the fictitious town of Pine Cove, California, a place inhabited by a group I've come to adore in an I-can't-miss-my-favorite-soap-opera kind of way. I'm looking forward to reading more of Moore.

Which is what I do--I read an author until I've exhausted his works, then search the Internet for months to get information on his next book. I'm still waiting for something new from Clancy, Crichton, and Grisham.