Friday, March 31, 2006, posted by Q6 at 11:02 AM

Darrell Clark
1970-2006

Darrell was my kids' stepfather. He loved them as if they were his own, but always respected the fact that I was their father, and for that I will always be grateful. He was good to his wife, his daughter, and my kids, and he'll be missed by a great many people.

Darrell always seemed to me to be a "self-made" man. He did not follow the philosophy that each of us has a place in this world--he made his place in this world. He had many plans for himself, his family, and his business, and it is nothing short of a tragedy that his stay in this world was brief.

My hope is that his wife will continue on in his tradition, and make a place for herself in this world--keeping his memory alive, but not forgetting herself. It's been hard, these last few days, watching her go back and forth from rock-solid to mildy catatonic; and while things didn't work out for her and me way back when, I truly hope things work out for her in the future.