Thursday, September 18, 2008, posted by Q6 at 5:49 AM
Yes--as the last couple of blog posts clearly demonstrate, I'm back.


For those who have asked, the wedding was wonderful. It was not at all a stressful day (the boat had to wait about seven minutes for the arrival of the cake, but it arrived), there were many friends and family members on hand to share the boat cruise with us, and we were even the victims of piracy! Five of my wife's former students came alongside in their own boat holding huge hommade signs for us. The crowd loved it, and both the charter manager AND our photographer said the same thing: "I've never seen this happen before." Of course, my wife's reaction was, like mine, one of pure joy. "Do you want cake?!" she called from the bow of the ship; and sure enough, they pulled alongside for pastry delivery.

We honeymooned in Santa Barbara for almost a week. It was relaxing, it was romantic, and I understand now why real estate isn't a booming business in that area--if I owned property out there, I wouldn't sell it, either. I could totally see myself living in that area at some point. (For those of you who travel: if you ever have the chance to stay at the Simpson House Inn Bed & Breakfast in Santa Barbara, I highly recommend it.)

Great wedding, great honeymoon--Happiness is mine!!
 
1 Comments:


At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Yeah. It was pretty awesome.