Saturday, November 04, 2006, posted by Q6 at 4:55 PM
It's one thing to tell yourself that when you get your new computer, you'll set up a wireless network throughout your house. This can seem like a daunting task. What computer do I get? What wireless thingee? "Router," you say? What's a router? What do I need to make it work? Will the computer work with the router? I may need a--what's that? An adapter card? Oh, my. This all sounds rather technical.

:) Say hello to my little friend.

It's a Gateway Notebook, with 2 gigs of RAM, 160 gigs of hard drive, four USB 2.0 ports, and integrated wireless. In short, it's more computer than I will need in the next several hundred years. And it works great with my Linksys Wireless-G router. I have a secure wireless network throughout the entire house. It's one thing to tell yourself that you'll do it; it's quite another to be able to cross it OFF your list.

What's that? They make wireless-compatible printers? Really . . .