Monday, October 23, 2006, posted by Q6 at 8:19 PM
Y'know those games you play in the car on long trips? Like "20 Questions" or "I Spy"? Does anybody know where I can find a comprehensive set of rules for these games? I'm not trying to be anal-retentive or anything, but someone, somewhere must have sorted throught the particulars at some point, right?

My girlfriend and I do the Out-of-State-Plate thing. The punching thing. She seems to think that you have to know which state the plate is from before you're allowed to punch, which makes this more a game of eyesight and corrective lenses than one of observation. Me, I don't mind so much: she saw the plate first, she gets to take the swing. It's not like she's drawing blood or anything.

And while we're at it, does someone have the complete lowdown on "Slug-Bug"? Isn't it true that the kids have to stop playing when the driver starts to scream?
 
3 Comments:


At 1:48 AM, Blogger Unknown

I agree. There should be an ISO standard to cover these things...

 

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

"She seems to think"? That little sight aside, she thinks -- ain't that somethin' to celebrate?

 

At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

No, the art of slug bug can go on even when the driver begins screaming. This is mainly so that if the driver gets slugged and screams, the FUN people can still play!!