Wednesday, January 07, 2009, posted by Q6 at 5:04 AM
Since 2009 has begun, it's time to retire my 2008 reading list. Here's what I read last year:

Born Standing Up by Steve Martin
Double Cross by James Patterson
Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda
I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker
The Appeal by John Grisham
Schulz and Peanuts: A Biography by David Michaelis
Cell by Stephen King
I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
Blindness by Jose Saramago
The Final Solution by Michael Chabon
A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.
The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
Foreskin's Lament by Shalom Auslander
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
The Dumbest Generation by Mark Bauerlein
The Fourth Bear by Jasper Fforde
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
In Me Own Words: The Autobiography of Bigfoot by Graham Roumieu
A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink
Feed by M. T. Anderson
Thunderstruck by Erik Larson
The Somnambulist by Jonathan Barnes
Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde
Fables 10: The Good Prince by Willingham & Buckingham, et al
Anathem by Neal Stephenson
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Seeing by Jose Saramago
Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Cross Country by James Patterson
Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson


There's a lot on my mind for 2009's reading list. It may not be as long a list this year because I'm looking at some longer books (Stephenson's Cryptonomicon and Rand's Atlas Shrugged, both of which are huge). I'm also looking forward to Grisham's new one in January and Christopher Moore's latest in February, and I've got some Neil Gaiman and Michael Chabon titles to catch up on. I'd also like to write more in '09, which will mean less reading.