Saturday, December 06, 2008, posted by Q6 at 5:42 AM
I didn't get to 50,000 words. I didn't even get close. But at least I tried.

Last month was National Novel Writing Month -- NaNoWriMo to those in the know (you can find their website here). I've got three novels and six or seven short stories just dying to get out of me, and they've been stuck in the dark recesses of my mind for quite a while now. I'd love to post the 5,000 or so words I did complete, but that total spans two completely different titles, one of them sucks in its current form, and I'd like to keep both out of the public domain until I can get them finished and published. I'm not trying to be defeatist or unrealistic when I say this, but I know that getting this personal goal accomplished is going to take some time. Years, most likely. Which is fine, really--I'm closer to realizing this goal right now than I ever have before: I've got a more relaxed professional life, an incredibly supportive wife, and the drive to keep at this, if only a few words at a time.

Next November, though, watch out: I'm gonna pull it off next time.