Saturday, May 02, 2009, posted by Q6 at 6:02 PM
Things are probably better for me financially than they've ever been. I credit a lot of that to my wife, whose support (and her own fiscally sound behavior) have allowed me to curb my spending without leaving the family in want or need of something.

Still, there are things I want to do--particularly to my home and yard--and there isn't really a budget for any of it. My situation will improve slightly in the next 70 days or so (it seems that driving a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle opens up certain rebate possibilities), and it'll improve again in September (4% raise!), but home projects aren't the only thing I've got going on finance-wise. Summer's comin'.

I'll be spending some time with my kids, and they'll want to do something fun (cha-ching); some of my former colleagues are talking about going back out to Vegas again as soon as school gets out (cha-ching); and there are two trips pending to Northern California over the course of the summer (cha-ching). Back at home, I'm looking at paving stones for two patio areas (and possibly a third), some sort of water feature in the patio area, lighting fixtures for the dining room and stairway, laminate flooring for the stairway, and three fruit trees.

Using my funds wisely--without compromising quality--hasn't always been my strong suit, but I'm getting better at it (thanks to the wife). Still, I wish it weren't something I had to put so much thought into.
 
3 Comments:


At 8:12 AM, Anonymous da weef

Hey. It's not all me, you know. I'm pretty sure it's you.

We're doing fine.

 

At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

two trips up north?

 

At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Peter

I really liked this book too. My book; True Love Is Not Common; www.eloquentbooks.com/TrueLoveIsNotCommon.html, has similar main characters. I grew up reading this author. Hope my book one day will reach many readers as this author.