Wednesday, November 14, 2007, posted by Q6 at 8:36 PM
My son lives by the same Halloween Credo I did at his age: November is all about planning next year's Halloween costume; October is all about doing it at the last minute. He didn't work for days on his costume for school--he just bought some face paint and colored hair spray the day before. (Ever been to one of those seasonal costume shops on October 30? It's like a lottery prize . . . LOTS of zeros.) The specialty contact lenses he ordered didn't arrive until November 5th, so those aren't featured here. At school, on Halloween, he looked like this:

This is, by the way, the only photo of my
son's face I'll post on the Internet. He only
really looks like this when I wake him up in the morning.


For his evening costume, however, he did work for a few days cutting all sorts of cardboard and stuff--including several of his shirts--to create a DIY Boba Fett getup. For only a few days work, it wasn't bad:

You have to picture him standing next to his friend
in the Chewbacca suit. I didn't get that picture, but
there's a lot of things about this Halloween I didn't really get.


Of course, the boy would not be satisfied until he had the whole thing just right. After all, if his creative juices are flowing, who am I to dam them up? Who needs some stupid holiday to create a costume? As it turns out, his school's Homecoming theme was "Epic Series," and his grade level was . . . wait for it . . . Star Wars themed. So he spent a few days making a complete mess of his room to perfect his suit. And I gotta say, he didn't do a half bad job:

Funniest thing about this picture?
When I put him in the pose, he said,
"Oh, we're doing a 'Captain Morgan' thing now?"

 
1 Comments:


At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Wow! Looks good. Such a creative boy!

Boy, go do your homework now.